Wednesday, July 05, 2006

TASTING THE OLD FRENCH WINE



"Real vs Barca"!!!I couldnt miss this one.You dont get to watch such matches everyday.The clock showed 10.30 A.M."big shit!!",i hardly cared what was about to hit me in another 3 hrs.And before i could admire a Zidane backheeler the t.v was switched off. Thanks to my mom!!"Do you have any sense.You have your board exams at 2.30 and you are sitting and watching football!!God knows when you are going to realise!!".So i had to get back to my books grumbling about my luck and destiny!!!
My mom was possibly right.I dont know when i'm going to realise. But the question that follows is "realise what??"And i dont think i'll ever be able to realise this!!
The only way i could convince myself that i could prove myself when it was necessary.Who's going waste energy unnecessarily!!
Some of it is unforgettable.I used to feel proud about myself being very clever when i used to hide my answer papers from my parents in my 6th and 7th stds and show it to them just before the parents-teachers meeting.And somethings never change-"Getting belted in exams".ya..i know things have changed from the board exam times.But its sometimes funny to keep a track on our mindset going into each sem.Every semester i proudly proclaim " see da..this time i'll slog and get a 9!!"and how convieniently they drop by the end of the semester and we stare down at ourselves,"not again da!!!"

"COMPROMISES"thats the word we stand firmly against but yet rest on it.Down the line no one knows how many compromises one has to make. But all of us fly on those wings of wax to reach the sun....

2 comments:

hairbraned said...

dont tell me this da bastard... its depressing

wormgear said...

fuck u da... dont remind me da