Sunday, December 17, 2006

HELPLESS......


It was 6:15 pm. i was on my way back home after another day of training.
I was really tired and was waiting for my bus at silk board when this small kid accosted me. She had disparity written all over her. She stretched her hand forward," bhaiya, please give me something. i've not eaten anything since morning."
I refused not understanding what to do. what could i tell her!!!???
She did not leave me. She started beating herself. I couldn't bear it any more.

"listen kid.....begging is not the solution. its not going to lead you anywhere. do something else. there are always means to earn a living".
But she did not understand. I guess i was far too optimistic.
I was stunned by her reply. "no i cannot. my mother has taken me for begging. I cant leave her . please give me something!!"
How could i tell her it was not the question of a couple of bucks. it was not going to solve anything. Begging is probably the worst thing that could happen to anyone.
Her so called "mother" looked on.
"Listen kid. try to understand what i'm trying to tell you. leave this. run away from your mother. there are so many schools for abandoned children. you can live a life that you dream every night on this footpath. trust me........this is going to solve anything. how long are you going to push yourself like this. Everything is in your own hands. run away from her!!"
She stood there but stopped begging from others.
I go into the bus as she strolled back.
the bus started moving.
The kid was getting beaten up by her "mother"
I wanted to get off the bus but the bus was moving fast now and i could not jump off.
I felt as if someone had just shot me with an AK47.
Felt emotionless for the rest o the day.
But I still ask myself......."did anything go wrong there??"
"Is there any bloody way to abolish begging!!??""

1 comment:

Chubby said...

shit dude damn sad bro...but don think there's anythin u could have done bout it...